Ultimate UFC 127 Auction for Charity
THE ULTIMATE FIGHTING CHAMPIONSHIP LAUNCHES CHARITY AUCTION OF INCREDIBLE COLLECTORS ITEMS AND A ONCE-IN-A-LIFETIME FAN EXPERIENCE TO AID THE QUEENSLAND PREMIER’S DISASTER RELIEF APPEAL IN AUSTRALIA
The Appeal, set up by the Queensland government, will assist Queenslanders affected by recent flooding and Tropical Cyclone Yasi. Many communities have been devastated and some families have lost everything.
The UFC and its fighters are donating unique UFC 127 memorabilia and an unprecedented VIP experience to its Sydney show, including:
• The actual Octagon canvas on which UFC 127 bouts will take place
• The UFC gloves and shorts worn in the Octagon by UFC stars when they compete at UFC 127
• An ultimate Aussie UFC 127 experience where the winner and a mate will have unprecedented behind-the-scenes access and VIP treatment during the UFC 127 weekend – Saturday 26 and Sunday 27 February.
Marshall Zelaznik, the UFC’s Managing Director of International Development, said: “Australia has been really great to the UFC, especially since we started holding live events there a year ago. I don’t think anyone who has seen the footage from the recent natural disasters in Australia could fail to be moved by what the people of Queensland are going through, and we as a company want to do our bit to help.”
The auction is now live at http://ufc.thegivingbridge.com
Please note bidding for the Ultimate UFC 127 Experience pack ends at 7pm AEST (Sydney time) on Tuesday, February 22. Bidding for the merchandise items – which can be shipped worldwide – ends March 1 (AEST).
Full bid items:
Ultimate Aussie UFC 127 Fan Experience – BIDDING ENDS 7PM AEDT, FEB 22
The ultimate way to experience the biggest fight card in Australian history! You and a friend will have unbelievable access behind-the-scenes at both the weigh-in and on fight day, to the Octagon, and to the combatants and guest fighters. You’ll stay for two nights in a two-bedroom apartment at the official UFC 127 host hotel, Star City, have breakfast with UFC star Kenny Florian, plus much, much more:
• Two nights (Friday 25 and Saturday 26 February) in a two-bedroom apartment at the official UFC 127 host hotel, Star City
• Two VIP tickets to UFC 127 at Acer Arena on Sunday, February 27, sitting next to UFC fighters Ryan Bader and Josh Koscheck
• Dream chance to visit one of your favourite fighters backstage and actually walk to the Octagon as part of his camp for his UFC 127 bout
• Attend UFC 127 post-fight press conference on Sunday, February 27
• Reserved front row seating for the weigh-in and Fight Club Q & A at Acer Arena on Saturday February 26
• Express passes to the front of the line for official UFC 127 autograph sessions, also at Acer Arena on Saturday, February 26
• Transport from hotel to and from the arena for the weigh-in on Saturday 26 February and fight day on Sunday, February 27
• Go backstage at the UFC weigh-in at Acer Arena on Saturday, February 27, see the fighters prepare for battle and meet UFC President Dana White and other UFC personalities
• A pair of UFC gloves personally signed by BJ Penn and Jon Fitch
• Signed BJ Penn merchandise
• Fight day Breakfast with UFC fighter Kenny Florian
• Have photographs taken inside the Octagon before doors open to the public
• VIP Backstage tour on fight day, visit with UFC staff behind the scenes, and see the dressing rooms
• Two UFC 127 event programs
• Two UFC 127 t-shirts
• Two strictly limited UFC 127 posters signed by every fighter on the card
NOTE: Transport to Sydney and accommodation on Sunday, February 27 is not included.
UFC 127 Octagon Canvas – BIDDING ENDS MARCH 1
Bid now for your chance to win the absolute ultimate piece of UFC memorabilia: the actual Octagon canvas from UFC 127. Mixed martial arts history will literally take place on this canvas, with 12 UFC bouts featuring fighters from all over the world, including UFC icon BJ Penn, elite welterweight Jon Fitch, middleweights Michael Bisping and Jorge Rivera as well as the likes of George Sotiropoulos, Dennis Siver, Chris Lytle and Kyle Noke. This is the ultimate piece of UFC memorabilia for your gym or home, and worldwide shipping is included.
Jon Fitch UFC 127 Fight Shorts - BIDDING ENDS MARCH 1
Welterweight star Jon Fitch, one of the most successful fighters in the history of the UFC, has donated the fight shorts he will wear during the UFC 127 main event v two-time UFC Champion BJ Penn. This is a rare chance to own a piece of one of the most pivotal matchups in the UFC welterweight division. Worldwide shipping included.
Michael Bisping UFC 127 Fight Gloves and Walk Out Shirt - BIDDING ENDS MARCH 1
Own the very UFC gloves that ‘The Count’ will use in the Octagon during his UFC 127 co-main event vs. Jorge Rivera. Also included will be the official Bisping walk-out shirt ‘The Count’ will wear into the Octagon as he looks to settle his feud with ‘El Conquistador’. Worldwide shipping included.
Jorge Rivera UFC 127 Fight Kit - BIDDING ENDS MARCH 1
Middleweight contender Jorge Rivera has donated his walk out shirt, actual fight shorts and the UFC 127 fight gloves that he will wear when he vows he will knock out Michael Bisping in the co-main event. Worldwide shipping included.
Kyle Noke UFC 127 Fight Shorts - BIDDING ENDS MARCH 1
Aussie hero Kyle Noke has donated his UFC 127 fight shirt, fight shorts and fight gloves to help raise money to help his own. Bid now for a real piece of Aussie MMA history. Worldwide shipping included.
Ross Pearson UFC 127 Fight Kit - BIDDING ENDS MARCH 1
Bid now to own TUF 9 winner Ross Pearson’s actual UFC 127 fight gloves, walk-out shirt and board shorts that he will be wearing in his hotly anticipated fight with Spencer Fisher. Worldwide shipping included.
The UFC encourages fans to give whatever they can to the Queensland Premier’s Disaster Relief Appeal at: http://www.qld.gov.au/floods/donate.html