- Ten wins by submission (6 armbar, RNC, 2 guillotine, 1 triangle), four by knockout
- Pro since 2004
- Has defeated Jorge Masvidal and Joe Lauzon in pre-UFC / WEC bouts
- Brother of UFC vet Junior Assuncao – the Assuncaos join the Nogueira, Miller, Hughes, Serra, Alcantara, Lauzon, Diaz, Pettis, Ellenberger, Roberts, Camozzi, Villefort, Rosholt, Montano, Teymur, Shevchenko, Reyes and Shamrock families as the only sibling tandems to fight in the UFC. Jeremy Horn and his half-brother Matt Andersen are also UFC vets.
- Has won 11 of his last 13
- Thriteen fights at bantamweight (11-2)
When and why did you start training for fighting? I started training in 2000, influenced by my cousin Gustavo Oliveira and legend Royce Gracie
What ranks and titles have you held? BJJ black belt/ Pan American champion/ Shotokan 2004 champion
Do you have any heroes? God
What is your favorite technique? Too many to list
What does it mean for you to fight in the UFC? It means a lot to be part of such a high level (the biggest in the world) fighting organization. It’s the biggest in the world and it keeps me focused and motivated.
What was your job before you started fighting? BJJ instructor
Assuncao vs Garbrandt06.06.20일주2시간4:59메소드KO/TKO
Assuncao vs Sandhagen17.08.19일주3시간5:00메소드DEC
UFC Fight Night승리
Assuncao vs Moraes02.02.19일주1시간03:19메소드SUB