통계 및 기록
Wins by Knockout
Wins by Submission
- 중요 명중 타격
- 증요 시도 타격
- 테이크다운 명중
- 테이크다운 시도
- Sig. Str. Defense is the percentage of significant strikes attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Takedown defense is the percentage of takedowns attempted against a fighter that do not land.
- Knockdown Avg. is the average number of knockdowns per 15 Minutes window.
포지션 별 중요 타격
시그. Str. 표적에 의해
Win by Method
Vera vs Cruz13.08.22일주4시간2:17메소드KO/TKO
Munhoz vs Cruz11.12.21일주3시간5:00메소드Decision - Unanimous
Cruz vs Kenney06.03.21일주3시간5:00메소드Decision - Split
- First UFC bantamweight champion
- Has 14-2 record at 135 pounds
- Loss to Garbrandt snapped 13 fight winning streak
- 7-1 in WEC career
- Owner of a distinct stand-up style that has proven almost impossible to decipher
- First pro loss came in WEC featherweight title bout against Urijah Faber
- Pro since 2005
- Seven wins by KO, one by submission (RNC)
- Was sidelined due to injury from October of 2011 to September of 2014
- Was stripped of title in 2014 due to injury; never lost first UFC title in the Octagon
- Origin of nickname: “My nickname was a joke. As I played high school football, I wasn't big or extremely fast, but was basically just tough...my teammates would make a joke and call me The Dominator when I would take the position of "scrub team" linebacker on the defense while scrimmaging against my own team in practice. I always thought it was funny.”
UFC on ESPN (8/13/22) Cruz was knocked out by Marlon Vera at 2:17 of the fourth round
UFC 269 (12/11/21) Cruz won a three round unanimous decision over Pedro Munhoz
UFC 259 (3/6/21) Cruz won a three round split decision over Casey Kenney
UFC 249 (5/9/20) Cruz was stopped by Henry Cejudo via strikes at 4:58 of the second round in a bout for the UFC bantamweight title
UFC 207 (12/30/16) Cruz lost a five round unanimous decision to Cody Garbrandt, losing his UFC bantamweight title in the process
UFC 199 (6/4/16) Cruz won a five round unanimous decision over Urijah Faber to retain his UFC bantamweight championship
UFC Fight Night (1/17/16) Cruz won a five round split decision over TJ Dillashaw to win the UFC bantamweight championship
UFC 178 (9/27/14) Cruz knocked out Takeya Mizugaki at 1:01 of the first round
UFC Live (10/1/11) Cruz successfully defended his UFC bantamweight title with a five round unanimous decision over Demetrious Johnson
UFC 132 (7/2/11) Cruz successfully defended his UFC bantamweight title with a five round unanimous decision over Urijah Faber
WEC 53 (12/16/10) Cruz won a five round unanimous decision over Scott Jorgensen to defend his WEC title and win the first UFC bantamweight title.
WEC 50 (8/18/10) Cruz defended his title for the first time with a five round split decision win over Joseph Benavidez.
WEC 47 (3/6/10) Cruz won the WEC bantamweight title with a second round TKO (5:00 – injury) of Brian Bowles.
WEC 42 (8/9/09) Cruz won a three round unanimous decision over Joseph Benavidez
WEC 40 (4/5/09) Cruz won a three round unanimous technical decision over Ivan Lopez.
WEC 38 (1/25/09) Cruz won a three round unanimous decision over Ian McCall.
WEC 34 (6/1/08) Cruz scored a three round unanimous decision win over Charlie Valencia.
WEC 26 (3/24/07) Cruz was submitted via guillotine choke at 1:38 of the first round by WEC featherweight champion Urijah Faber.
TRAINING: Two practices five days a week and one on Saturday
When and why did you start training for fighting? I wrestled my whole life and I wanted to continue to compete.
What ranks and titles have you held? Former UFC bantamweight champion, WEC bantamweight champion. Total Combat 145 & 155 lb champion. I own WEC and UFC belts and I need more; my pants don't fit very well.
Do you have any heroes? My mom
What is your favorite technique? Uppercut
What does it mean for you to fight in the UFC? It means I can truly call myself one of the best fighters on the planet and that my dreams and goals are slowly being accomplished!
What was your job before you started fighting? Customer service rep